Call for Applications: Victorious Companies Entrepreneurship Training Program
The Victorious Companies Initiative under SIVIO Institute aims to empower business leaders to leverage opportunities presented to them by creating strong mentoring and support structures through training in business skills, opportunity identification and problem solving. Applicants should have already begun operations, but their business entities should be a minimum 3 months and a maximum of 3 years old. The entities should be applying innovative means in exploring opportunities to create sustainable and profitable ventures. At the end of the training, entrepreneurs will receive mentoring from experienced industry leaders to enable them to scale-up their businesses.
This pilot program has been designed to initially select applicants from around Zimbabwe. Selected applicants will be judged on the innovation, feasibility, scale up potential (i.e. the growth potential) and the problem-solving capacity of the business ideas. Applications are invited from across the industry spectrum.
Criteria: Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Be above 18 yearsof age
- Must have access to a reliable internet connection and a personal computer
- Available to meet a mentor once a week for 3 to 6 monthspost training
- Willingness to travel for the course
- Must submit a one-page profile, business canvas model plan and a cashflow projection
- The applicant’s company must have been in business for a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of three years.
- The applicant’s company must be innovative with potential for growth and profit
- The applicant’s company should be operating from Zimbabwe
- The course will be conducted in a blended learning approach with both online engagement and face to face contact with mentors and trainers.
- Online learning and practical sessions will be conducted over a maximum of 15 weeks
What the trainers want to see in your application:
- Creativity and innovation in addressing social challenges
- Completed documents (one-page narrative of your business, completed Business Canvas Model and completed cashflow projections)
- Scale-up potential
- Entrepreneurial skills
What you stand to gain:
- 3 to 6-months of mentorship from selected industry leaders
- Networking opportunities with new clients and potential funding partners
- Become part of a strong alumni of Zimbabwean entrepreneurs under the Victorious Companies’ banner
- Potential funding for selected entities to scale-up their businesses
To apply, send your completed profile (one page of your business outline, completed business canvas model and 12-month cash flow projections) to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application portal closes on the 17th of April, 2020. No incomplete or late applications will be accepted.