Digital Design Intern
Harare, Zimbabwe • Full time
SIVIO Institute, known for innovative technology seeks a self-directed Digital Design intern with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving. The intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with a mentor and with senior leadership.
Who and what we are looking for:
- Someone who recently graduated from university or a has a college diploma (At most, we will consider someone who graduated within the last 2 years)
- A strong design portfolio
- An impeccable grasp of visual design fundamentals: colour, typography, scale, balance and composition.
- The ability to think conceptually
- The ability to handle a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (After-Effects, Premiere, Maya, etc. are a bonus)
- Understanding or interest in one or more design fields, including desktop publishing, communications design, brand design, graphic design, UX/UI, product design, etc.
What you will do:
- Assist with daily production and tasks including updating graphics and designing various assets as needed to help out designers and developers on the team.
- Communicate visual ideas, explain your design choices and come up with unique solutions.
- Under guidance, create digital assets and designs to support SIVIO Institute’s digital and print products.
- Learn and apply principles of effective digital user experience and interaction design.
- Iteratively design interfaces and experience of a feature or set of features
- Work with a team of developers and centre coordinators
Here is what you will take away:
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you did not know you had
- Professional relationships and networks that will go beyond the duration of your internship
- Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
- This is a 6 months program.
- Our internships are paid opportunities.
- The application deadline is the 14th of August 2020. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line, “Design Internship One - 2020”